Saturday 23 January 2010

USA WI 1

I lost 3.8lbs on my first week.

I am really struggling to understand how this works with stones.

My current weight (237.4lbs) puts me at 16st 957 (etc)

Last weeks weigh of 241.2lbs put me at 17st 2.

Now as far as I can see losing 3.8lbs from 17st 2 does not = 16 stone 9? It would be 16 stone 12? Is it just me? I don't get it.

Edited - thanks to Bryher I now understand this - as she said because you are going from decimals which have 10 in a unit to almost fractions with 14 in the unit. So it is 16 st 13.4

I think I am happy with this loss - no it isn't a phenomenal amount judging by some people's first week but that's ok - before I went in I decided I would be happy with a loss and over the moon with 3lbs or more. They weigh you to the 0.1 of a lb which is nice as you can see it was very almost 4lb loss.


This week my aim to go get those gym shoes and work out more. I know this is the best way for me to boost any further losses - I know my body responds to cardio. Will probably start with the treadmill. I'm a little worried about my knee - I fell in late November on a wet floor (no sign) and the knee often niggles at me. Just aches so we will see how it goes.

I am now down to 29 points (from 30) - UK readers don't panic - the points system works a little differently over here so it does sound like a lot!

Here we go for week 2!

No comments: