Friday 30 April 2010

kind of bummed

ok I know I know it's all my fault. I don't need to be reminded of that so if you only have a negative comment to make I'm going to ask that you hold it back please. Right now I need support and not negativity and this blog does not seem to be the kind of source of support I had hoped for. I do appreciate those of you that pause to make an encouraging comment. To be honest yet again I'm considering whether to bother with this blog anymore. I mostly write it for myself to get my thoughts out.

This week has not been a good week. I mean, there is a reason I got to be this way, and chocolate is def one of them. So when someone puts a box of Thorntons Chocolates (and I mean a huge box) in your house and tells you they need to be eaten by the end of the week as they have been saving them for you...my mental strength cracked. I think I must have eaten 3 or 4 or more each day until yesterday. Now they are gone which is something I guess. Also of course the afore mentioned pizza, left over pizza for lunch and meal out for Daniel's belated birthday celebration.

I know we have to live a little etc but a peek on the scales tells me of course that it wasn't worth it. Right now I feel discouraged. I seem to do well for a while and then slip up. I feel like I will never have the body I want.

So, if you're not impressed, please keep it to yourself. Constructive comments only.

2 comments:

Cole Walter Mellon said...

My journey was years of fits and starts. A few good days, a slip-up and then a long annoying slide. One step forward, 67 steps back. Getting any traction can be the hardest thing in the world...

What finally worked for me was spending a weekend alone, just digging around in my own head. We all know what we have to do, we know that we'll feel better both mentally and physically if we suck it up and do it.

The only piece of advice I'll offer is that you can't half-ass it. You won't make it unless you make a giant flying leap and trust that doing the right things will achieve the results you're looking for.

Is it hard work? Yes it is. Will it happen overnight? No it most definitely will not. Is it worth all the time and pain and sacrifice?

Oh hell yeah...

Take care of yourself. You're the only one who can.

Kit said...

you're right, I def can't half ass it anymore.