Thursday 25 June 2009

My new favorite salad


I feel like today is going well so far.

We went out to lunch to Panera Bread with a good friend and colleague of Daniel's.

Check out their website here http://www.panerabread.com/. It is a bakery cafe kinda thing.

They make my favorite salad in the whole world. Now I am not a HUGE salad person. I mean, my hubby makes great salads but I would never choose a salad when I'm eating out. This one has won me over. It is called the Poppy Seed Salad. You can have it with chicken but I prefer it without.

Romaine lettuce, fresh strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, Mandarin oranges, pecans & our fat-free poppyseed dressing.

I also had half a tomato and mozarella panini. The joy of Panera is they do a 'you pick two' deal so you can get half sandwich half salad which I think is awesome.

I have found that most places here have excellent detailed nutritional information. So I worked out the points for my salad. It was..... 1 POINT!! Oh yes! Oh jubilation!!

So anyways, I have used 14.5 points so far...

Bagel - 4
iced Fudgesicle - 0.5
salad 1
panini 6.5
potaoe chips (side order choice) 2.5

Maybe I can do this after all!


No comments: